A somewhat ambitious idea...

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

Itskyle

A somewhat ambitious idea...

Post by Itskyle »

I have a rather unsightly metal toggle switch on my dash. It was hooked up to a blower on the drivers side rear seat heat tube. That doesn't work anymore.

I've been thinking about replacing that blower with one for each side, and also adding seat warmers.

I'd rather not cut up the dash, but replace that unsightly toggle with a light up toggle switch, but then got the notion to find another stock headlight switch. I figure I gain a rheostat and also a two stage switch to perhaps somehow control both items.

What do you guys think?
--
66 Bug current (Wife likes better than the Prius)
74 SuperBeetle Auto Stick (Miss that car)
73 SquareBack, Straight Stick (Wife misses this one.)
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

That rheostat is for the speedometer bulbs which draw very little amperage. It's not designed to control the speed of heater blowers.
Itskyle

Post by Itskyle »

Blue Baron wrote:That rheostat is for the speedometer bulbs which draw very little amperage. It's not designed to control the speed of heater blowers.
Good to know. I was planning on hooking up the rheostat portion to the seat heaters and the blowers. However, the blowers I am planning on using shouldn't draw much, but I am concerned that the seat heaters may.

I was just thinking it would be a great thing to do, and maintain a stock look as well.

Kyle
--
66 Bug current (Wife likes better than the Prius)
74 SuperBeetle Auto Stick (Miss that car)
73 SquareBack, Straight Stick (Wife misses this one.)